There are 26 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Second Amendment".
- Displaying: 21 - 26 of 26
- 21. President Obama's 23 Executive Orders
By Rusdon Ray, president of The Defenders of Liberty.
President Obama began his push Wednesday, January 16, 2013, for the most sweeping changes to gun laws in nearly two decades, including banning the sale of certain semiautomatic rifles and high-capacity ammunition magazines. In addition, he laid out 23 executive actions that he believes will help reduce gun violence. Here they are, as released by the White House:
The President is announcing that he and the Administration will:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.Click here to read more
- 22. Flashback: Palin Predicts Obama Admin. Using Health Care to Curb Second Amendment Rights
Breitbart has recalled that back on "August 1, 2009--just seven months into President Barack Obama’s first term--former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin predicted Obama would attempt to leverage health care to "take away" the Second Amendment rights of Americans.
"In a speech to National Rifle Association members in Anchorage, Alaska, Palin said Americans should be “wary” of this “tie-in” because Obama would attempt to “take away our rights under the guise of some new health care plan”:
'And by the way, [with] health care being so big in D.C. right now, be wary when some kind of tie-in occurs. Because it will crop up: a tie-in with guns in an attempt to take away our rights under the guise of some new health care plan. You know that this is coming--that the two issues will somehow crop up and they'll be tied together. So we have to be very wary of that.'
- 23. Matt Salmon on Face the Nation
Representative Matt Salmon is featured with others on a panel discussion that took place on January 6, 2013. It begins at 27:00 minutes into the program. Please note that Rep. Salmon's arguments are based on fact, the U.S. Constitution, and logic. Facts don't seem to have an effect on some of the others. As for Senator Jeff Flake, am I the only person who wonders what he said?
- 24. Hollywood Hypocrites "Demand a Plan to End Gun Violence"
Take a look at this Hollywood Star studded video. Then take a look at the one that follows. All the same sanctimonious actors.Click here to read more
- 26. The way it should have been: Intruder Forces Himself into Elementary School, Shot Dead by the Principal
Freedom carries risk and responsibility. In American society, none of us can predict with certainty who among us, in the absence of clear evidence, will commit the most evil, heinous crime, and stop it before it happens. In hindsight, we can kick through the ashes and say, “Somebody should have seen it coming and done something." In some cases (Nidal Malik Hasson/Ft. Hood Shootings, Jared Loughner/Tucson Shootings, including U S House of Representatives Gabrielle Giffords), there was plenty of evidence about their violent intent. In other cases, there is just an ominous sense of somebody who is not quite right in the head.Click here to read more