On November 16, 2013, a potluck/meeting of the Precinct Committeemen representing the Gila County Republican Committee was held in Payson, Arizona. A motion to Censure Az. Governor and 14 State Legislators was made and seconded. The motion was approved. A copy of the resolution had been given to everyone.
County Republican Committee
P.O. Box 3377
Payson, Arizona 85547
A RESOLUTION OF THE
GILA COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE (GCRC)
GILA COUNTY, STATE OF ARIZONA
ARIZONA GOVERNOR JAN BREWER AND 14 STATE LEGISLATORS
WHEREAS, Governor Jan Brewer conspired with 14 liberal Republican state legislators to form an alliance with the Democrat minorities in the Senate and House for the express purpose of thwarting the will of the .Republican majorities and violating the Arizona Constitution, the Republican Party Principles and the Republican Party Platform, including but not limited to the following:
• They implemented the passage of Medicaid expansion – a key part of the disastrous healthcare plan known as ObamaCare.
• They implemented government mandated national healthcare.
• They approved taxpayer funding for abortions and increased funding for abortion services.
• They expanded eligibility for welfare benefits, and invited 300,000+ new people into the welfare system.
• They raised taxes.
• They voted against tax relief and kept Arizona as the state with the second highest tax rate in the nation.
• They voted against auditing the Arizona hospital bed tax.
• They increased property taxes.
• The only tax relief they offered was for special-interest industries who could afford to hire lobbyists.
• They rejected a balanced budget and voted for one with a structural debt of $400 million.
• They removed government oversight for special interests.
• They voted against verifying citizenship as a requirement for Medicaid benefits.
• They removed funding for English immersion for non-English-speaking students, thus ensuring the continuation of the failed, Democrat supported bilingual programs.