September 4, 2012, 6:00 p.m.
Gilbert Public Schools
140 S. Gilbert Road
Gilbert, AZ 85296
1. Work Study Session, First Floor Conference Room, 6:00 p.m.
1.01 AIMS Report/Grade Report
2. Opening Items
2.01 Call to Order
2.02 Moment of Silence/Pledge of Allegiance – Led by Mrs. Hollands
2.03 Roll Call
3. Approval of Minutes and Agenda
3.01 Approval of Minutes of the August 21, 2012 Work Study Session, Regular Board Meeting and Executive Session
3.02 Approval of Agenda
4. Board/Staff/Committee Presentations
4.01 Recognition of September’s Volunteer of the Month
4.02 Recognition of School District Grades
5. Requests to Speak to the Governing Board, ARS 38-431.02.H – The Board may make an open call to the public during a public meeting, subject to reasonable time, place, and manner restrictions, to allow individuals to address the public body on any issue within the jurisdiction of the public body. At the conclusion of an open call to the public, individual board members may respond to criticism made by those who have addressed the Board, may ask staff to review a matter, or may ask that a matter be put on a future agenda. However, members of the Board shall not discuss or take legal action on matters raised during an open call to the public unless the matters are properly noticed for discussion and legal action. During the open call, the Board requests that speakers refrain from voicing complaints against school personnel or any person connected with the District, as it may impact due process rights. Policies KE, KEB, and KED are provided by the Board for disposition of legitimate complaints, including those involving individuals. Forms required for use of these policies can be obtained from the Gilbert Public Schools’ website.
6. Consent Agenda Items (Items for Consideration, Discussion, Direction and Possible Approval)
7. Action Items (Items for Consideration, Discussion, Direction and Possible Approval
7.01 Policy Development, Second Reading/Adoption; Policy JHOT, Excessive Heat
7.02 Policy Development, Second Reading/Adoption; Policy KB, Parental Involvement in Education
7.03 Selection of ASBA’s Top Ten Priorities for the 2013 Legislative Session
7.04 Board Activity Report
8. Items for Future Consideration – This agenda item is for the Governing Board to consider whether particular items should be placed on future agendas for consideration. There will be a vote by the Board as to whether the proposed item should be on a future agenda, but there will be no discussion on the substance, merits, or issues relating to the proposed agenda item.
8.01 Items for Future Consideration
9. Meeting Dates
9.01 Meeting Dates