FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MONDAY, AUGUST 2
NATIONAL AND STATE TEA PARTIES ENDORSE J.D. HAYWORTH FOR U.S. SENATE
Phoenix, AZ (AUGUST 2) – U.S. Senate candidate J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ) graciously accepted the endorsement and support of Tea Party organizations from across the state.
Below is the press release from the Tea Party groups making the endorsements:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Pam Stevenson, Arizona State Tea Party Coordinator
Arizona Tea Party Groups Stand Together to Endorse JD Hayworth
Phoenix, AZ (AUGUST 2) – A coalition of Arizona state-wide, Tea Party and like-minded Conservative groups came together today, to announce they are all endorsing JD Hayworth to be the next United States Senator from Arizona.
Lee Earle, member of the conservative, AZ2010 Project group stated, "J.D. has listened to more Arizona citizen’s than any other candidate."
Arizona’s state Tea Party Patriots coordinator, Pam Stevenson stated, "There is no question of J.D.’s conservative values. The American Conservative Union gave him a life-time rating of 97.6%."
In part, the Groups’ joint endorsement reads:
- There is only one U.S. Senate candidate in Arizona who has put his promises in writing, when he signed the Contract from America.
- There is only one U.S. Senate candidate in Arizona who has repeatedly told us to ‘vote him out’ if he has not kept his promises.
- There is only one U.S. Senate candidate in Arizona who has already given us solid evidence that he will not support amnesty policies, and will make border security and enforcement of illegal immigration laws his first priority. Proof of his promise is in the fact that he led the fight against the McCain-Kennedy Comprehensive Immigration Amnesty bill of 2005.
- There is only one U.S. Senate candidate in Arizona who has already given us solid evidence of his fiscal conservative values when he helped author the Bush tax cuts in 2001 which his opponent opposed.
- Although other Arizona U.S. Senate candidates have sought our support and endorsements, we collectively have chosen the only candidate who has proven leadership ability, and the resilience to overcome obstacles to be our voice in Washington, D.C.
"This Senate candidate is Mr. John D. Hayworth."
"We, as conservative leaders and individuals in Arizona, representing thousands of members in our groups, are looking forward to supporting Mr. Hayworth’s campaign in the general election," stated Annette McHugh, leader of the Tea Party Patriots of Glendale, AZ, and member of the Arizona Tea Party Network which has over 4,000 members across Arizona.
The coalition formed just over a week ago for the express purpose of endorsing Mr. Hayworth.
Here are the national and statewide Tea Party organizations that are endorsing Mr. Hayworth:
- Tax Day Tea Party/Patriot Caucus
- Tea Party Immigration Coalition (preferred candidate)
- AZ2010 Project
- Cactus Conservative Club
- Cave Creek Patriots
- Daisy Mountain Tea Party
- Douglas Tea Party
- East Valley Tea Party
- Mesa Red Mountain Tea Party (preferred candidate)
- Mohave County Tea Party Patriots
- Mountain View Tea Party
- Original North Phoenix Tea Party
- Prescott Tea Party
- Sun City West Tea Party
- Tea Party Patriots of Glendale, AZ
- Tea Party Patriots of Scottsdale
For more information, please visit http://www.JDforSenate.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paid for by JD HAYWORTH 2010, Inc.